jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Podelko <apode...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Recorder: Transaction Control
Date Mon, 06 May 2019 17:46:25 GMT
Hi,
Thanks for the great feature - 'Recorder: Transaction Control' !
We have two options there - 'Transaction name' and 'Perfix'. A couple of thoughts here.

When we select 'Transaction name', it uses that name for both Transaction Controller and ALL
sample names underneath. Not optimal approach in my case - I'd rather keep urls as sample
names (to be able separate them) and use the transaction name for Transaction Controller only.
When we select 'Prefix', it puts it before the number - which, as far as I understand here,
may mess up sorting in reports etc. So I wonder if putting prefix behind the number may be
a better option at least in some cases.
Not saying that these suggestion are better - I guess it shouldn't be a big problem to have
all 4 options. Or, maybe, some kind of format options - where you specify exactly what transaction
and sample names would be - would be a more generic and elegant solution.
Just thoughts....

Thanks,Alex