jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Sitnikov <sitnikov.vladi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] JMeter: migration to Git+Gradle
Date Mon, 27 May 2019 19:11:23 GMT
sebb> -1
sebb> I object to combining the move to Git with a move to Gradle.

Please check https://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html
asf>To prevent vetos from being used capriciously, they
asf>must be accompanied by a technical justification
asf>showing why the change is bad (opens a security exposure, negatively
affects performance, etc. ).
asf>*A veto without a justification is invalid and has no weight.*

Could you please provide a technical justification?

I can easily do the change in two steps (migrate to Git first, then add
Gradle), however I'm sure that two-step process would be harder to review.
Note: Ant build is tied to SVN, and I see no reasons to spend time on
implementing Ant+Git.

Note: https://github.com/vlsi/jmeter-git-cleanup-result is the suggested
Git repository. It is basically a SVN mirror with certain big objects
removed (to reduce repository bloat).
"jmeter-git-cleanup-result" has been around for quite a while, and I did
not receive much feedback.

Vladimir