jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Sitnikov <sitnikov.vladi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Migrate SVN -> Git
Date Tue, 28 May 2019 16:08:01 GMT
sebb>We don't yet know that.

I'm sure it is OK to go.
The reasoning is simple:
1) The script adds NO new contents to the repository
2) The very same tool has already been used for other projects

sebb>Not so: we don't yet know what Infra have to say

They will wait for JMeter team to sign off that repository looks fine.
That is why we need to decide if repo looks good or not.

sebb>The issue is whether INFRA agree that is OK to delete any files during
sebb>the conversion.

INFRA-7464 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-7464> shows that
deleting files from Git history is perfectly possible.
Note: the very same files are present in SVN anyway, so we don't really
remove the files.

I do not see why do you push this "we don't know if removal is allowed" so
hard, even though
the very same files will be available in SVN.

Apparently the removal is allowed. Can we please stop spending time on that
discussion?
Thank you.

sebb>It may be unlikely, but INFRA need to give their view

Can we just assume that INFRA is ok with the script and check the
repository contents from JMeter point of view?

sebb>So what else has been dropped from the output?

Please check
https://github.com/vlsi/jmeter-git-cleanup/blob/c97efc513e121a88a77a193ff54c4a3fa9d38462/run.sh
 script.
It lists the exact things that are removed.

Vladimir