jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Sitnikov <sitnikov.vladi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Migrate SVN -> Git
Date Mon, 27 May 2019 20:18:59 GMT
Hi,

This thread has been idle for a while.

The results (re move to Gradle) so far are:
+1 (binding) Philippe Mouawad
++1 (binding) Vladimir Sitnikov
+1 (binding) Antonio Gomes Rodrigues
+1 Andrey Pokhilko
+1 Graham Russell
+1 (binding) Milamber

No vetos detected.

That is there's a consensus to use Git for source code.

As you might know I have created a script to cleanup the repository:
https://github.com/vlsi/jmeter-git-cleanup
I just re-ran the script, and here's the result:
https://github.com/vlsi/jmeter-git-cleanup-result

If no objections, I can start migration from SVN to Git.
The process is as follows: INFRA uses the provided repo and copies the
result to /apache/jmeter.git, and setups the infrastructure accordingly.

Note: I think it makes sense to do Ant+SVN -> Gradle+Git as a single
change. That would simplify the evaluation and review (both repositories
would be perfectly buildable).
If we go with Ant+SVN -> Ant+Git -> Gradle+Git route, then the intermediate
Ant+Git would probably contain its own bugs, and we would just spend time
on analyzing/fixing those.

However I'm open to suggestions. If there are reasons to move from SVN to
Git first, it can definitely be done assuming we don't add Git support to
build.xml.

If no objections received, I'll proceed with Ant+SVN -> Gradle+Git approach
as vote for Gradle resolves.

Vladimir