jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Sitnikov <sitnikov.vladi...@gmail.com>
Subject JMeter code coverage report: should it include *test* classes?
Date Wed, 15 May 2019 17:54:37 GMT
Hi,

I as a part of implementing Gradle build script I identified an issue with
the current Ant build.

Current script calculates "coverage" and "complexity" for TEST source code.
For instance:
https://codecov.io/gh/apache/jmeter/tree/c63d8c15c0e1c1df4799af8941fd488c19cdcf98/test

It adds 15'145 "lines hit", 294 "lines partial", however it is apparently
is a garbage data. Does it really make sense to collect coverage for test
classes?

Current Codecov report (see
https://github.com/apache/jmeter/pull/448#issuecomment-470432467 ) for
"Gradle migration" shows "9% decrease" coverage, however I believe the key
difference is Gradle/JaCoCo do not count test classes as "lines hit" by
default.

So I assume Gradle-driven code coverage is good enough.

Vladimir