jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Sitnikov <sitnikov.vladi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Migrate SVN -> Git
Date Tue, 28 May 2019 17:28:12 GMT
I suggest we don't really modify SVN.
That would save us from losing data.

If you are perfectly sure we no longer need some of SVN tags/branches, then
go ahead and remove them.
I just think it makes little sense to analyze and cleanup SVN repository,
and there's a risk of removing something important.

If you think you can cleanup SVN within a day, then please do that.
Otherwise I don't want to be blocked by a mysterious SVN cleanup.

Git cleanup is just fine because we would have SVN as a backup.
I've updated the script and resulting repo.

----

The next question is "docs-*" branches in git repository.
I'm not sure we need those branches.
Those branches do not harm much, but I don't think they add value either.

Are we going to release old documentation from git sources?
I don't think so.

So I suggest to drop old "docs" branches as well. Any objections?

Vladimir