jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Sitnikov <sitnikov.vladi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] JMeter: migration to Git+Gradle
Date Mon, 27 May 2019 20:45:20 GMT
sebb> Because it is harder to review.

It looks like as if you are the only one who wants to review.
It is good (you care) and it is sad (no-one else cares) at the same time :-/

I do not care much the way we get to Git+Gradle, so let's migrate to Git
first.

Could you please review https://github.com/vlsi/jmeter-git-cleanup-result ?
If that looks OK to you I would ask INFRA to use that contents for
apache/jmeter.git repository.

sebb>As I recall, Gradle requires multiple changes to the current layout,
sebb>so doing Git+Gradle together would make it much harder to check that
sebb>the SVN-Git conversion has worked.

In fact, Gradle patch is a couple of commits on top of "migration to Git".
I don't suggest to replace Ant with Gradle through all the existing commits.
In other words, even "Git+Gradle" repository would contain "Git+Ant" commit
with old file layout.
One can easily checkout that commit and play with Git+Ant+old layout.

That is why I see no much value in doing things one by one, however I'm
just fine with implementing svn->git first if that saves time on
conversations.

Vladimir