jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Sitnikov <sitnikov.vladi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Migrate SVN -> Git
Date Mon, 27 May 2019 21:19:39 GMT
I've moved this bit from "Gradle" thread to keep things separated.

sebb> There is no way to map SVN revisions to Git commits, also the history
sebb> of deletions is lost

As I said, SVN revisions are present in Git commit messages.
Why do you think "there is no way to map"?

sebb>the history
sebb> of deletions is lost

The history is NOT lost. The deleted files are deleted in every git commit.
It happens as if they were never added.

Old history (unmodified) can still be available via SVN (with all the files
preset), and/or via "old git mirror".

sebb>I think we need to get agreement from Infra on any conversion which
sebb>does not use the standard process, in case the process does not meet
sebb>the requirements for provenance etc

On contrary. What I suggest IS the standard process.

Please check recent migration of Apache Tomcat project:

It is exactly as I suggest: infra disables svn->git sync, they make gitbox
repository writable, then we agree to stop committing while migration is
performed, then we review, then we continue.

Vladimir