jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Sitnikov <sitnikov.vladi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Migrate SVN -> Git
Date Tue, 28 May 2019 20:24:23 GMT
Felix>I like to find them in the current repo I am working on and think that
Felix>searching historic versions is so much easier in git than in svn, but
Felix>you are of course right, that I could find them in the svn repo (given
Felix>that we both think it will stay available as read only).

There's a middle ground: we could have *two* Git repositories.
The one with just the minimum set of required branches/tags (==used for
main development).
Another one could hold extra tags/branches. So the ones who are interested
in those could fetch from that repo.

Then mainline repo is not cluttered by outdated branches/tags, and you can
still have all the refs in your working copy.

However that might be an overkill since I don't really imagine much good
from browsing historical "test" branches.

Vladimir