jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Sanjay Chaurasia <Sanjay.Chaura...@india.nec.com>
Subject Build error "unmappable character encoding for Japanese characters"
Date Fri, 31 May 2019 10:36:40 GMT
Hi Team,

I have added some JUnit test cases in TestHTTPArgument.java file to test some Japanese characters.
Below is the code snippet for same.

@Test
        public void testWithFix() throws Exception {
            HTTPArgument arg;
            //Passing real encoded value of 初期値大阪市 as %8F%89%8A%FA%92l%91%E5%8D%E3%8Es
and try to decode with Shift_JIS encoding
            arg = new HTTPArgument("name.?", "%8F%89%8A%FA%92l%91%E5%8D%E3%8Es", true, "Shift_JIS");
            assertEquals("arg.getValue() should be equal to 初期値大阪市","初期値大阪市",
arg.getValue());
        }

When I run the test from the eclipse (right click on method name -> run as -> Junit
test), it is working fine but when I am trying to build the JMeter code using ant test, getting
error as  “ unmappable character encoding for Japanese characters”.

To resolve this issue I am reading Japanese characters from the property file and using it
in the test method testWithFix().

Could you please confirm if it is good way to solve the issue, else suggest me any other solution
if any.

Regards,
Sanjay Chaurasia