jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Schumacher <felix.schumac...@internetallee.de>
Subject Re: Migrate SVN -> Git
Date Tue, 28 May 2019 19:59:21 GMT

Am 28.05.19 um 21:44 schrieb Vladimir Sitnikov:
> Felix> I find those historic documents valuable
>
> What's the use case?
> It is sufficient that the files are present in SVN, isn'it?
I like to find them in the current repo I am working on and think that
searching historic versions is so much easier in git than in svn, but
you are of course right, that I could find them in the svn repo (given
that we both think it will stay available as read only).

> Felix> so if it is not too much trouble, I would keep them.
>
> It is not a trouble to keep them in SVN.
>
> However we don't want to clutter UI (e.g. GitHub branch selector) with
> tons of outdated branches when there's just one or two live ones. It
> is sad that Git has no notion of 'hidden' branches/tags.

I will not fight over this. I can work around such clutter, but it seems
you are more eager to remove them, then I am keen on keeping them. And
you are doing all the work and I am just a bystander.

Felix

P.S.: my reply was meant to be sent to the dev list and your responses
seem valuable, so I will steer this back to the original discussion