jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Sitnikov <sitnikov.vladi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Git enable force push for master branches
Date Sat, 09 Nov 2019 14:41:45 GMT
>than to not know if it is the true history.

It is "fun" how there were lots of objections re Ant->Gradle, and there
were lots of objections re SVN->Gradle.
It looks like it is the very same thing happening again.

Can we just stop wasting time here and enable force pushes?
We can always disable it if that turns out to be bad (which I doubt).

I'm afraid you are missing the point.

Having sane history helps "regression analysis".
Currently the feature could be split into multiple commit due to "oops-here
and oops-there".
Force push would enable to combine those.

Vladimir