jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Philippe Mouawad <philippe.moua...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [jmeter] branch master updated: build.gradle.kts in core, functions, components, protocol: Fix dependencies for pom generation and remove version
Date Sat, 09 Nov 2019 22:02:52 GMT
On Sat, Nov 9, 2019 at 10:55 PM Vladimir Sitnikov <
sitnikov.vladimir@gmail.com> wrote:

> >So the commit is not incorrect.
>
> Please revert.
> I'm 100% sure the commit is incorrect.

AFAIK:

   - AbstractJMeterGuiComponent uses MigLayout
   - http modules requires HttpClient, it's not referenced , as a
   consequence corresponding pom is wrong
   - ...

So what is wrong in this ?
Can you explain instead of requesting revert ? I'd like to understand which
part of the commit is wrong.
I am never sure at 100% of anything, but I think that it's not 100% wrong

> It seems you are driven by "the failure of jmeter-maven-plugin".

No, it's one of my concern but that's not what drives my commit.
The Pom are wrong and I am trying to fix it.

However, the failure is caused by j-m-p itself, and adding unused
> dependencies to JMeter is not the right way to workaround j-m-p issue.

That's not the topic here.
And If you know an issue on j-m-p, feel free to open an issue, contribute a
PR or 2 cents..., that will help.

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.