jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Takashi Imoto <t-im...@ak.jp.nec.com>
Subject RE: [OpenIV:0657] Re: Bugzilla Enhancement: "Auto-Correlation as core functionality in JMeter"
Date Wed, 27 Nov 2019 11:51:17 GMT
To: Scott-san and Vladimir-san

Scott-san thank you for explain instead of me.
Your explanation is perfectly true !

One thing, I want to add explain and please give me idea.

> Two Scripts: Record the same sequence of actions twice then run a
> comparison of the two recordings (.jmx files) and look for where data and
> parameters differ.

As Scott-san explain, to find correlation variable, we compare 2 JMX files.
But only JMX file, it lack information to replace parameter.
To replace parameter, JMeter use CSS/JQuery extractor and it need to set location of variable.

Example.
In HTML file,
<id=&quot;javax.faces.ViewState&quot; value=.....>

At CSS extractor
To set following.
id=[$1]

These location information are only written in JTL file not JMX file, so it need to load JTL
file.

Instead of this, after recording using HTTP Test Script Recorder¶, these information is saved
in memory.
So after recording and load previous recoded JMX file, it can find correlation variable and
replace by CSS/JQuery extractor.

That's say.
" Test Plan must be recorded using the documentation shared here."

Is this limitation acceptable? Or is there any approach?