jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Rahul Mehta <rm870...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: [OpenIV:0551] Re: Bugzilla Enhancement: "Auto-Correlation as core functionality in JMeter"
Date Mon, 16 Dec 2019 18:54:23 GMT
Hi Imoto,

Please clear below points

On Thursday, December 12, 2019, Takashi Imoto <t-imoto@ak.jp.nec.com> wrote:

> To: Valdimir-san.
>
> > Does "Correlation" differ from "Auto-Correlation"? Should just one of
> them be
> > used in all the places?   Is there a "manual correlation"?
>
> "Auto-Correlation" mean, list up candidate of correlation variables.
> From these variable, user select correlate variable.
>
> Why you are manually selecting the corealtion candidates?  it should be
automated.  Why are you going for table based approach, any specific
reason??

> How Rule differs from Correlation?
>
> Rule files use for re-use of correlation.
> I think same application and framework correlation variable is same.
> So 1st create correlation rule that describe which variable correlate, the
> load this file and script changed.

Rule should be applied once for all apis where we have correlation and
accordingly script should be updated.

>  > Is Rule mandatory for Correlation to work?
>
> As describe above, rule file is for re-use and this file is option.
>
> Is my explanation is clear?
> If there are other question and concern, please add comments.

I don't think any significance of rule file here, if you want to reuse
corelation then candidates should be picked from existing apis by reading
in memory, any specific reason??