jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Takashi Imoto <t-im...@ak.jp.nec.com>
Subject RE: [OpenIV:0551] Re: Bugzilla Enhancement: "Auto-Correlation as core functionality in JMeter"
Date Thu, 12 Dec 2019 00:30:41 GMT
To Rahul-san.

> I have same understanding. I am unable to understand that why extra jmx file is

> used, it is not clear from the file as outcome.

To list up correlate variable, we need to compare 2 jmx file and find and list up variable
that value is different.

So it need extra jmx file.

> Imoto,

> Can we have better way rather than selecting correlation candidates manually in table?

Table show candidate of variable and value.

I think from this information, user easily select which variable are correlate value.

(If value is random, it might be correlate variable)

To avoid miss setting, I add manual selected process.

I thinks other tools do same process.

> Auto-correlation should not involve manual steps and why rules are mandatory here.

Rule file are not mandatory, it is option file that describe previous mail.

I think it can skip manual selecting, but to avoid miss setting and to confirm, it might be
better to show table and select correlate variable.

> I have seen same implementation in some other load testing tool, so it would be

> great if you can share patent list.

I check LoadRunner’s patent list as following, but these patent does not refer to correlating.

5,701,139            System for tracking and replicating the operation of a cursor manipulation
device

5,657,438            Interactive system for developing tests of system under test allowing
independent positioning of execution start and stop markers to execute subportion of test
script

5,511,185            System for automatic testing of computer software having output synchronization
and capable of responding to asynchronous events

5,870,559            Software system and associated methods for facilitating the analysis
and management of web sites

5,958,008            Software system and associated methods for scanning and mapping dynamically-generated
web documents

5,974,572            Software system and methods for generating a load test using a server
access log

6,138,157            Method and apparatus for testing web sites

6,144,962            Visualization of web sites and hierarchical data structures

6,205,122            Automatic network topology analysis

6,237,006            Methods for graphically representing web sites and hierarchical node
structures

6,341,310            System and methods for facilitating the viewing and analysis of web site
usage data

6,360,332            Software system and methods for testing the functionality of a transactional
server

Thanks.