jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Takashi Imoto <t-im...@ak.jp.nec.com>
Subject RE: [OpenIV:0686] RE: Bugzilla Enhancement: "Auto-Correlation as core functionality in JMeter"
Date Tue, 17 Dec 2019 06:22:16 GMT
To: Rahul-san.

Thank you for comments.

> Why you are manually selecting the corealtion candidates?  it should be automated.

Auto correlation feature list up correlate candidate, and from candidate variable we select
variable that should be correlated.

In our experience, the variables that different from last execution are sometime no correlate
variable.
For example, value is timestamp, its value is different every time, but it is no correlated
variable.

If we have good engine for clarify correlate value by formatting, we want to adopt automated
feature.
But I think it is reasonable to select correlated variable at first release.

> Rule should be applied once for all apis where we have correlation and accordingly script
should be updated.
> I don't think any significance of rule file here, if you want to reuse corelation then
candidates should be picked from existing apis by reading in memory, any s

Sorry I’m not clear the mean of “apis”.

Correlation is apply for each scripts (load by page view).

If you can, would you try our branch?
I want your feedback of using our feature.

Thanks.