jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: batchTestRedirectionPolicies fails too often
Date Sun, 26 Jan 2020 18:25:49 GMT
On Sun, 26 Jan 2020 at 17:44, Vladimir Sitnikov
<sitnikov.vladimir@gmail.com> wrote:

> >Is there a better way to test the same functionality?
>
> The tests should not connect to external servers unless the server is known
> to be stable.

I would go further.
Tests should ideally not use external servers at all.

> For now, we have multiple tests that access external systems, and they fail
> quite often.

So the tests need to be fixed.

Whilst it is not ideal to use external servers for tests, such tests
still need to be done.

Dropping the tests should be a last resort, and there should still be
some way to run equivalent tests.
For example, only run certain tests on demand, e.g. prior to
performing a release.