jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Schumacher <felix.schumac...@internetallee.de>
Subject Re: About the moment threads number information is computed
Date Sat, 15 Feb 2020 13:10:03 GMT

> On Sat, Feb 15, 2020 at 1:30 PM Felix Schumacher <
> felix.schumacher@internetallee.de> wrote:
>
>> Am 15.02.20 um 11:26 schrieb Philippe Mouawad:
>>> Hello,
>>> Working on Bug 64142, and looking into JMeterThread class, I notice
>>> something that might not be correct.
>>>
>>> It seems we fill in total number of thread and group number of thread
>> after
>>> sampling has occurred:
>>>
>>>    -
>>>
>> https://github.com/apache/jmeter/blob/master/src/core/src/main/java/org/apache/jmeter/threads/JMeterThread.java#L564
>>> Isn't it too late ? Shouldn't we be doing that before this line?
>> Where do you want to put it? You mention L564 twice.
>>
> oups
> I meant to store total and group thread  here:
> https://github.com/apache/jmeter/blob/master/src/core/src/main/java/org/apache/jmeter/threads/JMeterThread.java#L555

But at that line we don't have the sampler on which we could set the
thread name (and of course no sub samplers). The earliest place possible
seems to be line 559 right after we got possibly a sampler. But that
position is not that far away from line 564, where we do it now and the
lines in between are guards against null pointer usage and gathering of
information to be filled.

Felix