jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Schumacher <felix.schumac...@internetallee.de>
Subject Re: Darklaf - A themeable swing Look and Feel based on Darcula-Laf
Date Sun, 16 Feb 2020 12:45:28 GMT

Am 14.02.20 um 19:57 schrieb Vladimir Sitnikov:
>> Yes, it is looking really nice.
> OK. I've tried it, and it seems to work, however, there are glitches :(
>
> The most interesting bit is jxlayer-3.0.4.jar dependency.
> AFAIK the library was initiated at http://swinglabs.org/ which is no longer
> available.
> The jar file does not bundle the license text.
> I don't think the original repository is alive.
>
> I guess the license of the artifact is BSD-3-Clause (==> it requires to
> reproduce the copyright header),
> so technically speaking we must somehow resurrect the copyright owner if we
> want to include that dependency :)
>
> I'm not that good at resurrection, however, it looks like this looks ok:
> https://github.com/tsachev/jgnash/blob/25a5ad1f9349cf9f2849509c09a24f8b1fa3cbf5/jgnash-resources/src/main/resources/jgnash/resource/html/en/jxlayer-license.html
>
> ----
>
> Here's a PR with minimal change to make it fly:
> https://github.com/apache/jmeter/pull/556
>
> I've filed a couple of issues to darklaf as well.

I tried your branch on linux and it works OK, but I have a made few
observations:

* it seems to takes more screen space  than the other themes (just a
feeling)

* dragable separators are hard to see (on my setup). I can only see the
drag-handles

but all in all it seems pretty smooth.

Thanks for your work

 Felix