jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Sitnikov <sitnikov.vladi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Add pacing feature
Date Thu, 16 Apr 2020 10:53:37 GMT
Hi,

>For 3 years I have been using the notion of Pacing an iteration to
>facilitate the modeling of the load and also because it is very practical
>when we are doing loads with load steps

Can you please clarify how pacing makes it practical?

For instance, I have never faced a case when the non-functional
requirements are expressed in terms of "pacing".

I often see non-functional requirements like "100 requests per hour",
"200 concurrent users, each making requests as fast as possible",
"300 concurrent users producing 50 requests per hour", and so on.
However, none of the above is like "5sec pacing".

>The pacing could be declare in a new Thread Group field and/or in a new
>component

Have you checked "Precise Throughput Timer" and "Constant Throughput Timer"
?
A single timer like that at the beginning of the plan could be used to
emulate "pacing".

Vladimir