jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Philippe Mouawad <p.moua...@ubik-ingenierie.com>
Subject About SampleResult.setIgnore() and how it should work
Date Fri, 03 Jul 2020 14:06:47 GMT
Hello,
In version 4.0 of JMeter this method was introduced:

   - https://jmeter.apache.org/api/org/apache/jmeter/samplers/
   SampleResult.html#setIgnore--

The aim was to provide the ability to custom tester code (JSR Sampler,
PostProcessor) to not emit the SampleResult to listeners.

I think the current implementation might not be fully ok, but I would like
your thoughts on improvement options.

Currently , due to this:
https://github.com/apache/jmeter/blob/master/src/core/
src/main/java/org/apache/jmeter/threads/JMeterThread.java#L561

The SampleResult is not considered to decide on what to do:
https://github.com/apache/jmeter/blob/master/src/core/
src/main/java/org/apache/jmeter/threads/JMeterThread.java#L586

I think this should be changed as user might want to influence whether we
switch to next iteration, stop thread, test.

But I don't know what to do with :
- Post Processor execution
- Assertion execution

Besides, as you can see, currently this condition is useless:

   - https://github.com/apache/jmeter/blob/master/src/core/
   src/main/java/org/apache/jmeter/threads/JMeterThread.java#L574
   <https://github.com/apache/jmeter/blob/master/src/core/src/main/java/org/apache/jmeter/threads/JMeterThread.java#L574>

Thank you for your help in advance
Regards

--