jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Philippe Mouawad <philippe.moua...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JMeter Backend Listener: ElasticSearch (PR #615)
Date Fri, 18 Sep 2020 11:25:58 GMT
Hello Anthony,
Sorry for the late reply.

First thanks a lot for your contributions to JMeter eco-system and for this
particular initiative.
I think your plugin is a great addition to JMeter.
ElasticSearch is a standard today and having a plugin for it is great.

But I am wondering if we need this in the core as it means for the team:
- More code to maintain
- More dependencies on potentially future incompatible licenses (Redis
story without any  value judgment on that)

Looking at the code of PR, I see there is maybe some room for increasing
test coverage.

What makes you contribute the plugin today to the core as it can stay as a
3rd party plugin as it lives today for example ?

@ Team, what's your thoughts on this ?

Thanks
Regards

--