jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Woonsan Ko <woon...@apache.org>
Subject Re: GraphQL sampler?
Date Sun, 20 Sep 2020 21:14:38 GMT
On Fri, Sep 18, 2020 at 4:02 PM Philippe Mouawad
<philippe.mouawad@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 18, 2020 at 4:39 PM Woonsan Ko <woonsan@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > Hello Philippe,
> >
> > On Fri, Sep 18, 2020 at 7:20 AM Philippe Mouawad
> > <philippe.mouawad@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello Woonsan,
> > >
> > > Thanks for your proposal and ideas.
> >
> > Great, thanks! :-)
> >
> > > Would you be ready to contribute to this ?
> >
> > Yes, I would.
> >
> > > What new dependencies will it bring on the project ?
> >
> > At this moment, I can just imagine that we could add one extending the
> > HTTP Request Sampler, probably only with a different UI - preset to
> > POST with the 2 textarea fields for the body json data, while leaving
> > the stored data structure as-is.
> > So, I guess we may use the existing library, json-smart, without
> > introducing any new dependency.
> >
> json-smart does not seem to be maintained , so if you have a better one, go
> for it.

Thanks for the suggestion!
I think we might want to use gson because it's simple enough for our
use cases - just serialization and deserialization to/from string.

Build fails when I just added
'implementation("com.google.code.gson:gson")' in
src/protocol/build.gradle.kts and 'gson.version=2.8.6' in
gradle.properties.
Could someone give me a hint?

Thanks in advance,

Woonsan