jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Schumacher <felix.schumac...@internetallee.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release JMeter 5.4 RC1
Date Wed, 25 Nov 2020 16:59:14 GMT

Am 24.11.20 um 22:58 schrieb Vladimir Sitnikov:
> I wonder why all those plugins depend on LoggingManager.

I think that is a lot of historical baggage. The plugins from
jmeter-plugins repository are all cleaned up and will be released
sometime in the future.

> Given the number of usages, we would have to keep the class forever, so we
> might want to add the related javadoc.
We can keep them, should we still mark those as deprecated?
> If the third-party plugins use the class for logging purposes, then we
> might even want to heal the class (e.g. divert all the logging calls to the
> current slf4j)
I think the healing will depend on the jars that the
plugin/plugin-manager brings to the table. If it uses our implementation
of LoggingManager it will get a LogKit-adapter that delegates all log
messages to SLF4J, does'nt it?

> It is sad I did not check the usages outside of JMeter :-(

No problem, I am happy, that we found this before we released a new version.

Felix