johnzon-dev mailing list archives

From "Christian Grobmeier" <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] renaming the project
Date Mon, 14 Jul 2014 18:53:29 GMT
On 14 Jul 2014, at 20:48, Romain Manni-Bucau wrote:

> Maybe I miss sthg, what's is nice with Johnzon?

I think Marks idea was "Ja-son" -> "John-son"
Jason feels very similar to me to the name John. With the "son" he
gets some more JSON like feeling.

But well, just my interpretation. I also like the sound and
it sticks pretty well to my mind. Unlike Everdeen, which always
let me think "Aberdeen" and I don't remember the right name first.

> That said it is the one with the less potential issues (actually no
> one) so maybe we should update this thread to "Any issue renaming
> fleece to Johnzon?"

I think its good to have that thread, others may have different ideas on
the name.
And if not, maybe somebody got a few good reasons to dislike Johnzon

> wdyt?
>

> Romain Manni-Bucau
> Twitter: @rmannibucau

>> On 13 Jul 2014, at 16:47, Romain Manni-Bucau wrote:
>>
>>> Hi guys
>>>
>>> I'd like to go ahead ang get rid of this name issue ASAP to be able
>>> release an alpha soon (while we don't have TCKs not sure we can
>>> release a final).
>>>
>>> Trying to summarize the name thread I open we have these proposals
>>> rename the project:
>>> * Everdeen
>>> * Johnzon
>>
>> Actually I like Johnzon very much.
>>

>>> I propose you to let this thread open while there is some activity
>>> let you add possible names (if I forgot some from the previous
>>> thread
>>> feel free to add them after having verified them against
>>> http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/naming.html "rules").
>>>
>>> Once we agree on a set of names we could use I'll create a vote
>>> thread
>>> to select the one we'll select.
>>>
>>> Feel free to comment either on the process or names
>>>

>>> Romain Manni-Bucau
>>> Twitter: @rmannibucau
>>> Blog: http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com/
>>> LinkedIn: http://fr.linkedin.com/in/rmannibucau