johnzon-dev mailing list archives

From "Christian Grobmeier" <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: name issue
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2014 07:09:08 GMT
On 2 Jul 2014, at 23:36, Romain Manni-Bucau wrote:

> Google didnt pop it out and not sure there is any trademark but well.

Please check this document:
http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/naming.html

Google alone is not considered sufficient for a trademark research.
A trademark is not necessary registered.

Also note: unfortunately this document is not binding, its a
recommendation.
PMC can decide on their own to my last information but have to deal with
consequences then.

However I strongly suggest to apply this process.

Regards,
Christian

> Here some proposals: brackets, katniss, j2 (java json)
> Le 2 juil. 2014 21:10, "Christian Grobmeier" <grobmeier@gmail.com> a
> écrit :
>
>> Actually i think the recommendation is to make sure about the name
>> before
>> creating the podling (see: podling name search). Anyway nobody does
>> it
>> that way.
>>
>> I think we need to consult trademarks@ with that.
>> Basically my thinking is its a problem as the usage is the same, just
>> for
>> different
>> language. A pity, i liked fleece very much.
>>
>> However, Johnzon is an awesome name too! I suggest we do a podling
>> name
>> search before
>> asking infra for the change.
>>
>> On 2 Jul 2014, at 20:10, Romain Manni-Bucau wrote:
>>
>> well first I'd like to be sure we need to change cause all the infra
>>> is now ready :(
>>>
>>> BTW https://www.ohloh.net/p/apache-fleece
>>>

>>> Romain Manni-Bucau
>>> Twitter: @rmannibucau