johnzon-dev mailing list archives

From "Christian Grobmeier" <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: name issue
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2014 20:08:09 GMT
Actually i think the recommendation is to make sure about the name
before
creating the podling (see: podling name search). Anyway nobody does it
that way.

I think we need to consult trademarks@ with that.
Basically my thinking is its a problem as the usage is the same, just
for different
language. A pity, i liked fleece very much.

However, Johnzon is an awesome name too! I suggest we do a podling name
search before
asking infra for the change.

On 2 Jul 2014, at 20:10, Romain Manni-Bucau wrote:

> well first I'd like to be sure we need to change cause all the infra
> is now ready :(
>
> BTW https://www.ohloh.net/p/apache-fleece
>

> Romain Manni-Bucau
> Twitter: @rmannibucau

>> What about Johnzon? Sounds a bit sharper than J(a)son :) Just stroke
>> my mind, no idea what it means. Hope it has no special meaning in any
>> weird language ;)
>>

>> Unused according to trademarkia and ohloh.
>>
>> LieGrue,
>> strub
>>

>> On Wednesday, 2 July 2014, 19:39, Romain Manni-Bucau
>> <rmannibucau@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> Hi guys
>>>
>>> just saw: http://www.ohloh.net/p/Fleece
>>>
>>> do we need to change our name?