johnzon-dev mailing list archives

From Hendrik Dev <hendrikde...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DICUSS] Apache Johnzon 0.1-incubating release
Date Fri, 26 Sep 2014 20:02:59 GMT
Hi Justin,

thanks for clarifying this. I am little bit unclear about some terminology.

To make sure i got it:

PPMC=Podling PMC
IPMC=Incubator PMC ->
http://people.apache.org/committers-by-project.html#incubator-pmc
Positive vote=+1
Negative vote=-1

1st VOTE is the inofficial project vote on the projects dev list
Here we need (min 3 positive votes from PPMC member) & (more positive
then negative votes)
If this passes then goto 2nd

2nd VOTE is the official incubator vote on the general@incubator list
Here we need (min 3 positive votes from IPMC member) & (more positive
then negative votes)
If this passes then we have a release

Right?

Can you help me out who's currently member of the Johnzon PPMC? Is
there a list somewhere?

Thanks
Hendrik

On Thu, Sep 25, 2014 at 5:20 PM, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The whole binding vs non binding can be a little confusing. For incubator release you
first need 3 +1 votes from the IPMC, then take the vote to the incubator and get 3 +1 votes
from then to make it a release. That means at that the moment for this vote Johnzon IPMC votes
are binding, and non IPMC votes are non binding. For the incubator vote only incubator PMC
votes are binding.

--
Hendrik Saly (salyh, hendrikdev22)
@hendrikdev22