johnzon-dev mailing list archives

From James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>
Subject Re: Instantiation Patterns...
Date Sat, 24 Jun 2017 13:39:50 GMT
I'm not saying it won't work, but it would require me going in and fixing a
ton of code to have all of these annotations.  I can probably do that over
time, but trying to cover all the cases and not break anyone while I
migrate us over to Johnzon would be very difficult.  If I could mimic GSON
as a stopgap measure, that would be the least invasive option for us.

On Sat, Jun 24, 2017 at 9:37 AM Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibucau@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hmm, why this model wouldn't work? It would be saner and wouldn't require
> to rely on unsafe for something as simple as that which also ensures it
> works on GAE ;)
>
> public class ConsulNode {
>
> @JsonbCreator
> public ConsulNode(@JsonbProperty("Key") String key,
> @JsonbProperty("Value") String
> value) {
>   this.key = key;
>   this.value = value;
> }
>
>  // getters on final or not fields
>
> }
>

> Romain Manni-Bucau
> https://github.com/rmannibucau> |

> > Well, I have a ton of existing code that uses this pattern, so I'd rather
> > not have to force everyone to have to go through that hassle.  If
> there's a
> > way that I can mimic GSON's functionality seamlessly, then I'd like to
> take
> > that route.
> >
> > On Sat, Jun 24, 2017 at 9:07 AM Romain Manni-Bucau <
> rmannibucau@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > What about adding @JsonbCreator on the constructor and moving the
> > property
> > > to the constructor arguments?
> > >

> > > Romain Manni-Bucau
> > > <https://blog-rmannibucau.rhcloud.com> | Old Blog
> > > https://github.com/rmannibucau> |
> > > LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/rmannibucau> | JavaEE Factory
> > > <https://javaeefactory-rmannibucau.rhcloud.com>

> use

> the

> > JohnsonJsonb.java:160)
> > > >
> > > sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(
> > NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:
> > > com.intellij.rt.execution.junit.JUnitStarter.main(JUnitStarter.java:70)
> > JohnsonJsonb.java:151)

> > > rmannibucau@gmail.com>

> contructors
> > > are