johnzon-dev mailing list archives

From Alessandro Moscatelli <alessandro.moscate...@live.com>
Subject R: R: PULL 17
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2018 09:09:46 GMT
I use Wildfly 12.
I am going to make a small pull request with Injectable JsonBconfig a few minutes from now
…

Greetings
AM

________________________________
Da: Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibucau@gmail.com>
Inviato: Monday, March 26, 2018 11:21:20 PM
A: dev@johnzon.apache.org
Oggetto: Re: R: PULL 17

Le 26 mars 2018 23:13, "Alessandro Moscatelli" <
alessandro.moscatelli@live.com> a écrit :

I am not sure I got all you said but let’s divide et impera :

1) I really tried (I have/had no idea what geronimo dep were but I figured
out javaee dependencies were inside them) but at first I didn’t find the
geronimo dep containing Priority annotation. Now I got it :
https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.apache.geronimo.
specs/geronimo-annotation_1.3_spec/1.0

Exactly

2) I simply didn’t want to reinvent the wheel, but … oh well I am going to
find another implementation able to recursively explore superclasses and
superinterfaces to find the generics type … are maven dependencies ok ?

We really try to limit dependencies at maximum. Shading can be an option is
size is very small (commons has thus kind of code IIRC) or just do it from
scratch maybe, it is not that long i think.

3) I think the best is creating an external library. Jsonb is not really
related to jax-rs, so maybe a jsonb-jaxrs library is the best option. Is
this ok for you ?

Was in jsonb cause 1. We sere not java 8 in jaxrs module and 2. It must
work ootb in a jaxrs container. That said we can probably disable it
somehow. Why container do you use?

4) Here you lost me … completely … what ? “^^

 You pass type in the resolver but dont respect this at runtime (let say
first call uses Book and init jsonb and next one has User)

5) Oh … ok I’ll try to make some test for the new supported scenarios …

6) I’ll cancel the current pull Tomorrow and try with smaller individual
ones.

Thanks a LOT for 5 and 6. I appreciate it a lot.

Thanks
AM