johnzon-dev mailing list archives

From Alessandro Moscatelli <alessandro.moscate...@live.com>
Subject R: PULL 17
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2018 21:13:27 GMT
I am not sure I got all you said but let’s divide et impera :

1) I really tried (I have/had no idea what geronimo dep were but I figured out javaee dependencies
were inside them) but at first I didn’t find the geronimo dep containing Priority annotation.
Now I got it :
https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.apache.geronimo.specs/geronimo-annotation_1.3_spec/1.0

2) I simply didn’t want to reinvent the wheel, but … oh well I am going to find another
implementation able to recursively explore superclasses and superinterfaces to find the generics
type … are maven dependencies ok ?

3) I think the best is creating an external library. Jsonb is not really related to jax-rs,
so maybe a jsonb-jaxrs library is the best option. Is this ok for you ?

4) Here you lost me … completely … what ? “^^

5) Oh … ok I’ll try to make some test for the new supported scenarios …

6) I’ll cancel the current pull Tomorrow and try with smaller individual ones.

Thanks
AM

Da: Romain Manni-Bucau<mailto:rmannibucau@gmail.com>
Inviato: lunedì 26 marzo 2018 20:43
A: dev@johnzon.apache.org<mailto:dev@johnzon.apache.org>
Oggetto: Re: PULL 17

Hi

Alessandro, some general comments:

1. Please use geronimo spec dependencies (instead of javax) since asf owns
it (less legal work + we can tune them if needed)
2. Dont use google deps (we dont want any dep for container control on
dependencies)
3. Priority should work on javaee 6 containers so maybe make it optional or
dont use priorities (annotation are ignored if missing but not classes iirc)
4. Your jsonb type key doesnt work since the instance is for all matching
type no?
5. I dont see much tests ;)
6. Surely split in as much pr as change to ease the merge and review

Hope it helps, impatient to get it in and congrats for your PR :)