johnzon-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <jeano...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Arrays / Lists elements polymorphic support
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2018 16:39:22 GMT
Hey Roberto,

I think that would be a great feature.
Already had this case in the past and looks like Jackson and Gson already
have it.

Gson subtypes on adapters.
https://github.com/google/gson/blob/master/extras/src/main/java/com/google/gson/typeadapters/RuntimeTypeAdapterFactory.java

Jackson annotations with different strategies
https://github.com/FasterXML/jackson-docs/wiki/JacksonPolymorphicDeserialization

We should consider adding this feature I believe.