johnzon-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de.INVALID>
Subject I-JSON interoperability flag
Date Mon, 14 May 2018 07:23:02 GMT
Hi folks!

I got a mail from Anders Rundgren (OpenAPI) which points out a spec glitch with JSON-B

It's basically whether the spec correctly forces the I-JSON option.
javax.json.bind.JsonbConfig#withStrictIJSON

The spec is really thin in this topic. I'd personally interpret it as: we should be I-JSON
conform.

You can read up more about I-JSON on the JSON spec
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7159
just grep for 'interop'.
As far as I understand I-JSON is standard JSON, but avoiding all the possible portability
traps, right?

While the problems with Yasson have nothing to do with us, I'd rather love to check whether
we also have the same bug in Apache Johnzon.
And then probably provide a unit test we can apply to Johnzon but probably even submit to
the TCK (under ALv2 ofc).

LieGrue,
strub