johnzon-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de.INVALID>
Subject Re: JsonValue.NULL equals
Date Wed, 31 Jul 2019 17:45:01 GMT
This would have quite some impact!

2.5 Million Polo->json->pojo roundtrips took

Johnzon-1.1.12 110 seconds
After my first improvements 103 seconds
After getting rid of most java.lang.reflect.Array.* operations: 85 seconds
After replacing JsonValue.NULL.equals with == (and same for JsonValue.TRUE, etc) 57 seconds.
That's quite some gain I'd say ;)

It all relies on whether we can rely on == is sufficient.

Just got Romains answer:
> What is slow exactly? Isnt it inlined at some point? Or do we
> call it too often? (fix is different ;).

It's used pretty often in our code. Doesn't look like we do too much. Just used very often.

The performance gain is imo enough to investigate it further.
At some code parts we already have a JsonValue. Means we could also replace
JsonValue.NULL.equals(jsonValue) with
ValueType.NULL == jsonValue.getValueType()
which would be perfectly portable again.

LieGrue,
strub