johnzon-dev mailing list archives

From Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibu...@gmail.com>
Subject Fix release for custom ParameterizedTypes
Date Fri, 03 Jul 2020 14:39:16 GMT
HI everyone,

Just found a very nasty bug in our codebase (nasty as silent): when  you
deserialize a custom generic (Page<Entity> for the common case) we cache
the meta model of this binding using Page as key and not Page<Entity>
(actually we use both but issue is using Page.class). This means when you
come with Page<Entity2> then you will fail with class cast exceptions.

I will push a fix and will try to launch a release straight after. No issue
to take time to review it and cancel the vote if there is any problem but
think this fix by itself is worth a release.

Hope it makes sense.

Romain Manni-Bucau