juddi-dev mailing list archives

From "Adam Jack" <aj...@TrySybase.com>
Subject RE: [juddi-Developers] juddi src dir
Date Tue, 27 May 2003 15:19:03 GMT
Steve

Isn't this a bit of a fortunate hack? Surely to test you need to restart the
server (to reload classes), so hadn't you might as well do a structured
redeploy? Surely you could add a line to an ant script to copy the classes
to this location. Is there much difference to you, other than a little bit
of disk work?

A more consistent source hierarchy would benefit the project via
consistency, and allowing standard tools  easier access to it.

regards

Adam
-----Original Message-----
From: juddi-developers-admin@lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:juddi-developers-admin@lists.sourceforge.net]On Behalf Of Viens,
Steve
Sent: Tuesday, May 27, 2003 10:53 AM
To: Viens, Steve; 'anou@trysybase.com'
Cc: 'juddi-developers@lists.sourceforge.net'
Subject: RE: [juddi-Developers] juddi src dir

It's also very nice when debugging within an IDE.

In both Eclipse and IDEA (I use both) I've got a jUDDI launch configuration
that starts up and stops Tomcat. This way I can start up in debug mode and
step right through the Tomcat source into the Axis source and then into the
jUDDI source - very powerful for debugging.

Steve