juddi-dev mailing list archives

From "Adam Jack" <aj...@TrySybase.com>
Subject RE: [juddi-Developers] juddi src dir
Date Wed, 28 May 2003 06:42:08 GMT
	The directory structure I toyed with this weekend looked something like
	the following structure (I can't remember it completely but I thought
	I'd use a similar format to the Apache Axis project.)

This isn't a document specifically on how to structure a tree, but it seems
to have some input on how one does one.

	http://krysalis.org/cgi-bin/krywiki.pl?ViProM

On this:

  juddi/
  juddi/build.xml
  juddi/releasenotes.html
  juddi/license.html

In a project I see, there is a legal/ directory containing *all* the
licenses of utilized sub-components (e.g. AXIS, XERCES, etc.)

  juddi/changelog.html

Not part of docs?

  juddi/docs

	The 'docs' directory would contain all of the HTML content that's
	currently served up as the jUDDI webapp UI today.

I see, HTML. Fine. Ever used forrest/xdocs? It is a really nice simple way
to use simple XML to generate fancy/indexed/tabbed HTML pages -- allowing
the developers to focus on the content, not the HTML. That said, that'd be
src/documentation -- but that can be futures.

  juddi/lib        (all jar's required to "build" jUDDI)
  juddi/src
  juddi/src/java   (java source)
  juddi/src/test   (java source for testing - JUnit)
  juddi/src/meta   (contains web.xml, application.xml, etc)
  juddi/src/conf   (contains juddi.properties, log4j.properties)
  juddi/src/ddl

  juddi/webapps/juddi
  juddi/webapps/juddi/WEB-INF
  juddi/webapps/juddi/WEB-INF/lib (jar's required to "run" jUDDI)

Hmm, http://krysalis.org/cgi-bin/krywiki.pl?ViProM -- shows WEB-INF in
src/conf --- not sure if that is the standard. Ought meta/ddl be under conf?

	PS: Adam, the 'dll' should have been 'ddl'

Ah, good. I almost fell over w/ shock @ DLLs. :-)

Basically -- moving to src/java & src/test is the main improvement, all I am
mentioning here is little stuff.

regards,

Adam