juddi-dev mailing list archives

From "Viens, Steve" <Stephen.Vi...@FMR.COM>
Subject RE: [juddi-Developers] juddi src dir
Date Wed, 28 May 2003 10:05:07 GMT
Comments are inline ... [Steve]

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Anou Manavalan [mailto:anou@trysybase.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 28, 2003 12:43 PM
To: sviens@attbi.com; juddi-developers@lists.sourceforge.net
Cc: Adam; acutright@borland.com
Subject: RE: [juddi-Developers] juddi src dir

  juddi/
  juddi/build.xml
  juddi/releasenotes.html
  juddi/license.html
  juddi/changelog.html

Seems good. May be a readme.html.
[Steve] Good idea. The
        releasenotes.html and
        changelog.html may only be
        present in the .gz and .zip
        release files. Or we could
        put everything in readme.html
        (or README). How about the
        following instead?

          juddi/README (info, release notes & change log)
          juddi/LICENSE

  juddi/docs          (the current jUDDI website content)
  juddi/docs/apiDocs  (the generated JavaDoc)

Good for Javadocs. If we start using forrest to create the site, then we can
add src/documentation and convert our deploy.html, index.html and other
htmls to xdocs. But juddi/docs is perfect for javadocs.
[Steve] I really want the source
        release to include all the
        docs (javadoc and guides -
        generated is fine) in
        this directory. I like the
        'src/docs' idea using
        forrest.

  juddi/lib        (all jar's required to "build" jUDDI)
  juddi/src
  juddi/src/java   (java source)
  juddi/src/test   (java source for testing - JUnit)

Consistent
[Steve] Okay, agreed.

  juddi/src/meta   (contains web.xml, application.xml, etc)
  juddi/src/conf   (contains juddi.properties, log4j.properties)
  juddi/src/ddl

Will be nice under juddi/resources/ instead of juddi/src
[Steve] Agreed. /juddi/resources
        it is.

  juddi/webapps/juddi
  juddi/webapps/juddi/WEB-INF
  juddi/webapps/juddi/WEB-INF/lib (jar's required to "run" jUDDI)

Are you planning to keep the xtra libs here ? Shouldn't we create them ?
[Steve] No need for the 'xtra'
        directory anymore. This
        contained the libs
        required to build juddi