juddi-dev mailing list archives

From "Earle Castledine" <ea...@notproducts.com>
Subject [juddi-Developers] More beginner troubles using udd4j!
Date Sat, 31 May 2003 17:19:03 GMT
I was hoping someone could help out with this. I appolgised a lot in my last
post for my ignorance regarding these technologies, so I wont again (after
that bit!) I think Ive got (almost) everything correct, but when I run the
uddi4j samples with:
...\samples>java -cp %AXISCLASSPATH%;..\lib\uddi4j.jar;.\;
FindBusinessExample

*********** Running FindBusinessExample ***********
        at org.uddi4j.UDDIElement.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at org.uddi4j.response.BusinessList.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at org.uddi4j.client.UDDIProxy.find_business(Unknown Source)
        at FindBusinessExample.run(FindBusinessExample.java:76)
        at FindBusinessExample.main(FindBusinessExample.java:46)

---------------
This seems to be the common error I am getting. If I use inquiryURL =
http://www-3.ibm.com/services/uddi/inquiryapi which I got from the uddiping
sample then I get:

*********** Running FindBusinessExample ***********
org.uddi4j.transport.TransportException: Error: URI=null Line=1: Illegal
Namespa
ce prefix: "xml".
        at org.uddi4j.transport.ApacheAxisTransport.send(Unknown Source)
        at org.uddi4j.transport.TransportBase.send(Unknown Source)
        at org.uddi4j.client.UDDIProxy.send(Unknown Source)
        at org.uddi4j.client.UDDIProxy.find_business(Unknown Source)
        at FindBusinessExample.run(FindBusinessExample.java:76)
        at FindBusinessExample.main(FindBusinessExample.java:46)

Nested exception:
org.xml.sax.SAXException: Error: URI=null Line=1: Illegal Namespace prefix:
"xml
". at org.apache.axis.utils.XMLUtils$ParserErrorHandler.error(XMLUtils.java
:619)
   at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.error(Parser2.java:3165)
   ....Plus heaps more!

AND, if I use https://uddi.ibm.com/ubr/registry.html (which i got from the
uddi4j page)
I get:
org.uddi4j.transport.TransportException: ; nested exception is:
        java.lang.NullPointerException
	....plus that first bit, plus heaps more of even different stuff!

It seems to be doing something, because if I use a dud url it says:
(405)Method not allowed. Encouraging!

When I use juddi, It gives me the same error as above whether or not I have
mysql running (as Rupesh instructed with the c:\mysql\mysqld --console) But
happyjuddi says "got a JDNI thingo!"
and nothing there looks like an error. Though it has blank entries for
http.proxyPort, and http.proxyHost. (is this ok?)

Oh, by the way. The above exception is thrown when it hits this line of
code:
BusinessList businessList = proxy.find_business(names, null, null,
null,null,findQualifiers,5);

Thanks again for your help!

Earle