juddi-dev mailing list archives

From "Adam Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>
Subject RE: Test Dir Structure (was RE: [juddi-Developers] Wot no gump nag? ;-))
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2003 21:19:03 GMT
Thinking about it, I guess you could use package (= directory at another
level) filtering w/ what you originally proposed.

regards

Adam
-----Original Message-----
From: juddi-developers-admin@lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:juddi-developers-admin@lists.sourceforge.net]On Behalf Of Adam
Jack
Sent: Tuesday, August 05, 2003 4:38 PM
To: juddi-developers@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Test Dir Structure (was RE: [juddi-Developers] Wot no gump nag?
;-))

I think for gump/ant(/even eclipse) you are wiser to use a separate source
directory, packages mean little. I also hate manually managing suites, but
that might just be me...

Perhaps "src/test/unit" ought contain your standalone tests, but then
(something like src/test/proxy for others. Not thought this all through, but
seems doable. BTW: If I ever said "dot junits throughout code", I take that
back, 'cos they end up getting bundled w/ the jar & clutter. I now think you
ought put them in the parallel package directory under src/test/* i.e.
src/test/unit/x/XTest.java for src/java/x/X.java, something like that.

One alternate idea: Since you are using ant you could try something
'tricky', i.e. put all your tests in src/test -- but have a naming
convention. One can teach ant and other file patterns, so XTest.java could
by standalone, and XProxyTest.java could be environment dependent. You can
<exclude "*Proxy" for standalone unit tests.

Not sure I'm helping much here, there are choices ..... and they are yours
to make.

regards

Adam