juddi-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Viens" <st...@viens.net>
Subject RE: [juddi-Developers] First performance numbers for jUDDI
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2003 22:19:02 GMT
Matias,

It just occurred to me that there were some posts to the axis-users
lists back in June-July about performance problems with Axis 1.1 final
(which is what the currently release of jUDDI uses for it's SOAP
transport).

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=axis-user&m=105905412203161&w=2

It might be worthwhile to see if changing to a later release of Axis (a
nightly build) would have any effect on your numbers.

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: juddi-developers-admin@lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:juddi-developers-admin@lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of
Francisco Matias Cuenca-Acuna
Sent: Thursday, September 11, 2003 9:17 AM
To: juddi-developers@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [juddi-Developers] First performance numbers for jUDDI

    Hi again. I've started to measure the performance of jUDDI on my
particular setup which is as follows:

Server:

    -Latest juddi running on JWSDK

    -HSQLDB database (using direct jdbc conection)

    -All running in a quad Pentium III 500Mhz with 1GB of ram

Clients:

    -I have seven distributed across US

    -Use UDDI4J

    -run on at least 800Mhz machines

    My first test is about write performance, for this matter I
downloaded all business entities from www.xmethods.com (Total of 3272
providing 419
services) and I gave a copy of this set to all of the clients. Then I
start all the clients in parallel to publish new entities as fast as
possible while measuring throughput. Using this configuration, I can
saturate all the 4 cpus of the server.

    Now the results are very discouraging, the overall troughput is
10.39 publish operations per second. Any idea why am I getting such a
lame performance??? As far as I can tell the neither the DB nor the disk
is the bottleneck. It seems as if the CPU is consumed exclusively by
juddi and tomcat.

    Any suggestions??? I will start benchmarking read performance today

        Matias

PS: Each client only authenticates with juddi at the beginning of a
benchmark session