juddi-dev mailing list archives

From "Francisco Matias Cuenca-Acuna" <mcuen...@matiascuenca.com.ar>
Subject [juddi-Developers] First performance numbers for jUDDI
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2003 12:18:23 GMT
    Hi again. I've started to measure the performance of jUDDI on my
particular setup which is as follows:

Server:

    -Latest juddi running on JWSDK

    -HSQLDB database (using direct jdbc conection)

    -All running in a quad Pentium III 500Mhz with 1GB of ram

Clients:

    -I have seven distributed across US

    -Use UDDI4J

    -run on at least 800Mhz machines

    My first test is about write performance, for this matter I downloaded
all business entities from www.xmethods.com (Total of 3272 providing 419
services) and I gave a copy of this set to all of the clients. Then I start
all the clients in parallel to publish new entities as fast as possible
while measuring throughput. Using this configuration, I can saturate all the
4 cpus of the server.

    Now the results are very discouraging, the overall troughput is 10.39
publish operations per second. Any idea why am I getting such a lame
performance??? As far as I can tell the neither the DB nor the disk is the
bottleneck. It seems as if the CPU is consumed exclusively by juddi and
tomcat.

    Any suggestions??? I will start benchmarking read performance today

        Matias

PS: Each client only authenticates with juddi at the beginning of a
benchmark session