juddi-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Viens" <st...@viens.net>
Subject [juddi-Developers] jUDDI voted into the Apache Incubator !
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2003 08:35:33 GMT
I'm very happy to announce that jUDDI has been voted into the Apache
Incubator project.  I'll be following up with additional information
tonight and throughout the week but first, some details on the
Proposal and VOTE:

The Apache Incubator
http://incubator.apache.org

The jUDDI Proposal
http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?ProposalForJUDDI

The voting thread (mail archives)
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=webservices-general&w=2&r=1&s=jUDDI&q=b

There's no doubt that this will create additional requirements for
jUDDI (such as better support for JAXR) but this is what we've been
working towards all along ... thanks to everyone that's contributed
and thanks to Davanum Srinivas of Apache for sponsoring jUDDI.

As I mentioned above, I'll be putting together a punch list over the
next week of things that will have to be accomplished prior to the
move. When it's finalized it (I'll be looking for input from everyone)
we'll divide up the work and get busy.

I'd still like to kick out a release this weekend as planned. :)

Steve

Steve Viens
sviens@users.sourceforge.net

PS: My apologies for being mostly unavailable for the past few weeks.
Things have slowed a bit now and I'm certain to be much more timely in
responding (at least until my son is born in late October).