juddi-dev mailing list archives

From "SourceForge.net" <nore...@sourceforge.net>
Subject [juddi-Developers] [ juddi-Bugs-814257 ] Possibly incorrect implementation of zero match result set
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2003 04:10:04 GMT
Bugs item #814257, was opened at 2003-09-28 20:47
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=434422&aid=814257&group_id=42875

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
In the UDDI v2 API specification, a "zero match result"

should be returned if no arguments are passed in the

find_xxx API calls. For example, see the section

on "find_binding" (4.2.1).

IMHO this is not correctly implemented in jUDDI. For

example, in the findBindingFunction class a "zero match

result" will be returned even if the serviceKey argument

is set. However, the class insists on the tModelBag

argument being supplied as well in order to return any

results. But IMO setting only the serviceKey is a

perfectly reasonable thing to do. In fact, if I just want a

listing of all bindings of a given service, then I can't use

the findBindingFunction at all!

Note that the findBindingFunction class mentioned above

is just an example. Other findXXXFunction behave in a

similar way, e.g. findServiceFunction.

Marcel