juddi-dev mailing list archives

From "Anou Manavalan" <anou_m...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: jaxr implementation
Date Tue, 06 Apr 2004 19:17:36 GMT
Andy,

If you are comfortable going with UDDI4J and writing the interface for the
spec without JaxMe, I have no problem with that.

BTW: Just to clear your other questions,
JAXR spec is the xml that you will feed to JaxMe, there is nothing separate
you have to find.
And  yes, there is an already existing ebxml community http://www.ebxml.org/

regards,
-Anou

>From: "Andy Cutright" <Andy.Cutright@borland.com>
>To: <juddi-dev@ws.apache.org>
>Subject: RE: jaxr implementation
>Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 08:23:50 -0700
>
>bringing together steve's thoughts and your thoughts anou, the uddi4j
>wrapper idea has the advantage of using heavily tested code. there's
>some discussion in the JAXR spec about a pluggable architecture, but i
>don't know where to look for current JAXR committee activity. all the
>email lists seem to be archives, not active lists.
>
>if we as a team want to go with the juddi proxy stuff, that's OK with
>me.
>
>--digression--
>still not clear on JAXME, though i have not downloaded it, which makes
>me an expert ;) there's only 30-40/ interfaces, and i guess i've not
>seen an XML spec that we can feed to JAXME. it appears to me we're
>mostly going to write a bunch of stub code, which we'd be able to do by
>hand reasonably quickly. this isn't something we're going to repeat, so
>learning the new tool doesn't make much sense to me, but if someone
>wants to, have fun :) i contrast this with using forrest, where we
>simply had to learn the tool to play nicely, and forrest must always be
>used to update the website..
>--end--
>
>do y'all agree with targeting these four initial methods as a
>white-board exersize, and then fleshing out a healthy architecture? we'd
>also be able to explore the 'JAXR Pluggable Provider' interface (pg 26
>JAXR spec).
>
>yes, JAXR feels like a separate project eventually to me. making the
>code base changes is fine by me.
>
>anyone know anything about ebXML? wonder if there's an open source
>developer community we can leverage...
>
>cheers,
>andy

Limited-time offer: Fast, reliable MSN 9 Dial-up Internet access FREE for 2
months!