juddi-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Viens" <st...@viens.net>
Subject Apache Scout
Date Wed, 07 Jul 2004 05:25:32 GMT
I've just committed uddi4j.jar from the UDDI 2.0.1 distribution to
Scout's lib directory (along with an associated uddi4j.LICENSE file) so
the build works directly from CVS.

We'll remove it when Scout has been updated to use juddiproxy.

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Anil Saldhana [mailto:anilsaldhana@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 07, 2004 1:21 AM
To: juddi-dev@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: Apache Scout First Putback

Dims,

1) The samples in Scout have been inspired by UDDI4J
samples and the ones provided in JWSDP. The samples
handle inquiry/publish to juddi registry(hopefully
others) using JAXR api. Have a look at them and you
will see their completeness. :-)
2) Both jaxr-inquiry and jaxr-publish are supported
now.  Just a few extra functionality like
saveServiceBinding and retrieveServiceBinding has to
be implemented.

My guess is against juddi, Scout provides 85% of the functionality
needed wrt jaxr for uddi.

Things to do:
a) Documentation.
b) Replace uddi4jproxy reliance with juddiproxy.
c) Currently jaxr-publish is over http. Need a simple
addition to do https (juddiproxy has support for
https).

Enjoy the freedom provided by Scout.

Cheers,

(http://www-124.ibm.com/developerworks/oss/cvs/uddi4j/uddi4j/samples/)