juddi-dev mailing list archives

From "Anou Manavalan" <anou_m...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Pros and cons of juddi
Date Wed, 25 Aug 2004 13:23:56 GMT
Harvey,

Did you find any other opensource uddi projects ? Are you trying to compare
it with the commercial uddi products ?

We don't have any pros and cons page, but when I started looking around for
uddi product for Sybase, I saw only juddi as the open source project. The
main reason, I like juddi is, we had the code available to make any changes
that we wanted and Steve was very helpful in making the changes included. We
needed a monitoring piece and an encrypted pswd authentication and it was
added into the juddi project too.

And I also know that my husband's company hired an independent company to
find the best available uddi product. juddi was in the final two, they chose
the commercial one to this, for the only reason that the commercial product
comes with support.

It all depends on what your client wants. As a developer, I would choose
juddi.
hmmm.... Steve, we should think of providing support, if the companies are
ready to pay for it.

regards,
-Anou