juddi-dev mailing list archives

From Harvey Jiang <harv...@objectconsulting.com.au>
Subject RE: uddi Browser
Date Thu, 25 Nov 2004 22:32:14 GMT
Andreas,

According to section 4.4.3 (delete_business, p39) in the spec(v2.0.4), it
seems that when the delete_business api is called, the juddi server will be
responsible for deleting all relevant services, bindings, etc automatically.
If this is true, I guess it is safe for the web-gui application to call
delete_business for deleting business entities and relevant.

Steve,

Correct me if I am wrong.

Regards, Harvey

-----Original Message-----
From: Andreas Wombacher [mailto:andreas.wombacher@ipsi.fraunhofer.de]
Sent: Thursday, 25 November 2004 8:06 PM
To: juddi-dev@ws.apache.org
Cc: a.wombacher@utwente.nl
Subject: Re: uddi Browser

Harvey,

thanks for your comments. Yes, I plan to continue the work on this
application and really appritiate comments on the application or
requests on extending the application.
see detailed comments below

> -Are you going to enhance this application to include the delete
functions?
Deletions are really difficult on such dependent data structures as used
in UDDI. The problem is to keep the data base (UDDI repository)
consistent with the delete operations. In particular, a business (in my
opinion) should only be removed if all services, assertions, etc. have
already been removed, because otherwise there exist data structures
pointing to a business record which has been deleted already. To
guarantee this behaviour via the API is quite complicated and requires
quite some time. Therefore I decided so far not to support deletions of
data. But I am open to discuss this issue and willing to realize it if
the concerns have been discussed.