juddi-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@4quarters.com>
Subject Re: question about 'delete_business'
Date Fri, 11 Feb 2005 12:08:40 GMT
Additional thought...

On Feb 11, 2005, at 6:58 AM, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

> JAXR says that I can do a deleteOrganizations() and have a partial
> commit, stopping on the first failure.  In my case, I assume that the
> first good key will be deleted, and the second not.  This seems then
> that to use jUDDI (or any UDDI registry - I'm not picking on jUDDI), I
> must send two separate delete_business messages?

... if I wish to perform partial commits?  seems like the performant
thing to do is assume that this kind of failure is rare, always try
single-message multi-key deletes, returning a JAXR BulkResponse to my
callers w/ only one error in the event of a failure, letting them
assume that nothing worked?

How does a UDDI user figure out which key is bad since the UDDI
response message doesn't give any hint of which key was the bad one...?
  Seems like you then need to play delete_business wack-a-mole...

geir

geir@gluecode.com